From the charming French Quarter to misty City Park to the majestic Mississippi, New Orleans is one of the most romantic cities in the world. With some of the top restaurants in America where you can enjoy a romantic dinner, to a historic district lined with jewelry shops, to a scenic riverfront on which to take romantic stroll, there’s no better place in the world to spend Valentine’s Day than in New Orleans.
Top 6 Reasons to Spend Valentines Day in New Orleans
1. Authentic French bakeries and confectionary shops; because nothing says “I love you” like a locally-made, melt-in-your-mouth treat.
2. Live Jazz is in the air. Check out the music clubs of the French Quarter or along nearby Frenchmen Street. You’re sure to find a venue with the sounds that suit your musical tastes.
3. Unique and affordable custom jewelry; peruse the shops along Royal Street in the French Quarter, downtown along Canal Street, and along Magazine Street in the Garden District and Uptown.
4. Great weather for a romantic stroll; try sultry City Park or the bustling riverfront in the French Quarter. Couples can enjoy a moonlight ride aboard the paddlewheel steamboats Natchez or the Creole Queen. Advance reservations are recommended, due to the popularity of the Valentine’s Day river cruises.
5. Mule-drawn carriage rides allow couples to take in the sights and sounds of the historic and scenic French Quarter at a leisurely pace.
6. NOLA has some of the best bistro dining in the world. Click here for a list of some of the most popular romantic restaurants in the city.
Check in 5/28/2017
Check out 5/29/2017
Number of Nights: 1